Today the world is becoming fitness enthusiasts, they are becoming more and more inclined towards a diet rich in millets. They can safely say that there are a lot of benefits of adding millets to your diet. They not only aid weight loss but boost your health as well.
When you browse an Indian grocery home delivery online store, you will see how many types of millets are available. Every millet has its own list of benefits.
What are Millets?
Millets are coarse grains that are high in nutritional value and filled with proteins, fibers, minerals, and vitamins. They were earlier known to be only the poor man’s grain but recently it has gained recognition amongst fitness enthusiasts.
Types of Millets
There are different sizes and shapes of millets available in an Indian grocery home delivery store –
- Pearl Millets: Commonly known as “bajra” in Indian households, this one is really dense in nutrients. Pearl millets are rich in minerals like magnesium, iron, calcium, protein, and fiber. If you consume pearl millets on a daily basis, it can help fight problems like Type II diabetes.
- Foxtail Millets: Indigenously known as kangni or kakum, these foxtail millets are usually available in the form of rice or semolina flour. These millets are rich in healthy carbohydrates that help balance the level of blood sugar in your body. The calcium and iron content present in them strengthen the immunity. They also help control the cholesterol level of your body.
- Buckwheat Millets: If you are on the weight loss journey, buckwheat is something you should be familiar with. These millets are a great choice for people suffering from diabetes and looking for a healthy option. They improve cardiovascular health and decrease the blood pressure in your body. You can fight problems like breast cancer, gallstones, and childhood asthma with buckwheat millets.
- Finger Millets: Commonly known as “ragi”, finger millets are healthier options instead of wheat and rice. These millets are free from gluten and high in amino acids as well as protein. If you feed millet-based food to your children, that will support brain development.
Benefits of Millets
- Weight Loss: Millets are low in calories and ideal for weight loss. They not only support weight loss but also keep you fit and active by maintaining the energy levels of the body. You do not feel hungry all the time.
- Low Blood Sugar Level: Millets are low in glycemic index and that’s why they prevent diabetes from becoming your companion.
- Prevent Asthma: Millets contain magnesium which reduces asthma complaints and migraines. They do not contain any kind of allergens that can lead to wheezing and asthma.
- Helps Digestion: Millets are filled with fiber content for proper digestion. You will not experience problems like cramps, bloating, constipation, or gas. Proper digestion helps prevent problems like colon cancer and kidney complaints.
There are so many recipes that you can prepare with healthy millets. Goodie Grocer is the best place to order groceries online like millets, wheat, and more in Toronto.