QuickBooks makes managing business abundantly easy with its useful features. But sometimes, despite being innovative software, it receives some errors. Among the most frequent errors that users face is QuickBooks Error code 1402. Typically, this error is triggered due to an incomplete or inappropriate installation of the software.
If you have received this error, read on to learn its causes and solutions. In today’s post, we are going to have an in-depth discussion of QuickBooks error code 1402 and various facts associated with it. Or we are available round the clock to provide the best possible support services. Just make a call to our QuickBooks error support executives at our toll-free support number i.e. and our experts will answer all your queries instantly.
What is QB error 1402?
Before you dig in deep and explore other aspects of QuickBooks error code 1402, it is important to understand the basics of the error. In case of any corruption in the software, this error is probable to happen. In a situation when the software needs some component to run but it is not available, due to damaged windows files, this error might appear. It can also be seen while installing or opening the QuickBooks desktop software. This error code comes up with an error message stating as “Couldn’t open key“. There can be a majority of factors causing this issue, which we will be discussing later in this post.
causes of QB error 1402?
- One of more of the following causes may trigger QuickBooks Error code 1402:
- QuickBooks Installation on your computer is corrupted
- The CD used for installation was damaged
- Inappropriate or partial QB installation
- Microsoft Windows is not updated.
- You can also take some steps to ensure that this installation error doesn’t occur again.
- You should keep creating backups of your data on a regular basis
- Let software installations take their time and do not interrupt the process
- Frequently delete the junk files.
- Keep installing new updates available for QuickBooks desktop.
- Fixation of Error Code 1402 when installing QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks Install Error 1402 is an installation error that can be fixed by performing the following troubleshooting steps:
Solution 1: Install and run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool with QuickBooks tool hub
- You can use the QuickBooks tool hub program to fix many of the QB issues, including the QuickBooks Error code 1402.
- First of all, the user is supposed to close QuickBooks
- And then, it is recommended to download the most recent version of the QuickBooks tool hub. The user is recommended to save the file somewhere it can be accessed easily. In case you have already installed the tool hub earlier, then you can look for the version you have. And select the Home tab. The version will be displayed on the bottom right
- After that, the user is required to open the file you downloaded
- The tool hub and select installation issues
- Close all the running programs
- Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool. The duration of the process may vary depending on your computer speed in internet connection.
Solution 2: Update MS Windows and install available updates
- The installation error may be fixed by updating QuickBooks and installing the missing updates:
- Click on the Start button on the keyboard on the Windows icon at the bottom left-hand corner of your screen
- Search and find Check for Updates
- Click on Check for Updates and find available updates.
- Install all pending updates
- Restart the computer for changes to make different.
Solution 3: Reinstall QuickBooks desktop
- QuickBooks install error 1402 may occur due to a wide range of options and may impact your productivity.
- Press the Start button and search Control Panel
- Open Control Panel and click on the Programs and Features option and the go-to Add or Remove Programs
- Find QuickBooks, select it, and hit the Uninstall option.
- Restart your computer and Reinstall QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 4: Uninstalling and Reinstalling Adobe Flash Player
- In case the error appeared while installing the adobe flash player, make sure to carry out the steps below:
- First of all, download the install the diagnostic tool and then run it
- And then, click on the start menu
- Also, type in control panel in the search bar
- Followed by clicking and opening the control panel
- The next step is to navigate to the uninstall a program option
- And then look for the Adobe flash player ActiveX in the list of programs
- Once done with that, select the uninstall option
- Follow the onscreen instructions and let the uninstall process complete
- The last step is to download the adobe flash player and then reinstall it
QuickBooks Error Code 1402. We expect that after you have read the above article thoroughly, you will be able to shun off the error easily, but if in case you have any questions in regard to the above-mentioned solutions, or if you are stuck somewhere, you can contact our 24×7 QuickBooks install support–1-844-405-0904
Our support team is there round the clock to cater to the best possible support services to QB you will get some of the best and the most relevant answers to all your queries. Thus, do not hesitate in reaching out to us anytime!
Read More-QuickBooks Support